Flexible dementia support you can trust
You can live well with dementia. Often people think that following a diagnosis the future will mean residential care and separation from family. But with The Avalon Group you can find support to fit your needs, enabling you to stay in your home, surrounded by those you love.
Tell me more!
Our dementia care packages are personalised entirely to your needs. It could be that you require a very small amount of extra help, perhaps an hour or two each week, or you may need somebody there for a number of hours each day. Whatever you need, we will create a support plan with you.
We offer a wide range of support options, including:
- Supporting you at home or in the wider community
- Supporting family carers to have a break
- Assisting you with support needs such as medication, personal care or mail reading
- Domestic tasks such as cleaning, laundry and changing bedding
- Supporting you to manage your finances such as paying bills or collecting your pension
- Enabling you to revisit old hobbies and interests or try new ones
- Accompanying you to appointments, places of interest or to visit friends and relatives
- Helping you make small changes to your home to enable you to continue to live safely
Avalon also offers an alternative to these more traditional care options through our Shared Lives service. Our trained, approved carers invite customers to share their homes on a permanent or temporary basis.
How does it work?
Once you contact us, you will be able to speak with a specialist who can discuss your individual care needs. One of our experienced team members will be happy to meet at your home or alternative location at a time to suit you.
Why choose Avalon?
We know that considering different care options can be a difficult and sensitive issue. With us, you can have total reassurance in the quality of care and support provided.
Every person accessing our dementia service is supported by trained support staff who undergo rigorous recruitment and selection procedures, checks and a comprehensive training programme.
We will carefully match your interests and needs with a member of our team, ensuring you are supported by people well known to you. You can be reassured that there is always someone to hand when you need us, with our dedicated on-call service operating 24/7.
Contact Avalon’s Care Team who will meet at a location of your choosing, or talk over the phone to discuss your individual needs.
You may be eligible for financial support through Local Authority funding or you can access the service privately. Our Care Team will discuss these options with you.
To read more about the types of support we offer, click HERE