Types of support
We offer a range of support options, including the following:
A comprehensive assessment of the customer’s needs which incorporates:
- Assessment of the individual’s home, provision of advice and support to install features and signage that help to improve memory and prompt recollection
- Detailed assessment of the customer’s needs, likes, dislikes and any behaviour triggers
- Careful matching of customers with an existing support worker and/or involvement in the selection of a new support worker for people accessing support in their own homes / residential care
- Comprehensive matching and assessment process for Shared Lives carers and customers, where customers choose to receive care through the Shared Lives Scheme
Flexible services to meet the unique needs of individuals including:
- Undertaking personal care tasks – for example bathing and dressing
- Assisting with domestic tasks such as cleaning, cooking and laundry
- Administering medication
- Support to manage finances – for example paying bills, collecting pensions, mail reading
- Support to maintain hobbies or try new ones
- Accompanying customers to appointments, shopping, the theatre, pubs, restaurants or other places of interest
- Accompanying customers and providing transport to visit friends and relatives
- Supporting and accompanying customers on a holiday or short break
Support periods are from 30 minutes upwards. This can also include overnight stays.
Breaks for carers are offered through the following services:
- A sitting service delivered in the customer’s own home. In Stockton we deliver a local authority funded sitting service
- A local authority funded dementia day service in Northallerton
- In Harrogate, a number of Shared Lives carers are trained to provide short breaks to customers with dementia.
Access to services and costings
We receive referrals from a variety of sources, including local authorities, GPs, hospitals, individuals seeking care directly, their friends or family members.
Charges for services vary, depending upon the type of service required and delivery location. In some instances services might be funded via a local authority or other source. If you would like further information, please contact Avalon on 01423 530053 or get in touch via one of the contact enquiry methods below.