The Mindful Employer Charter
We are committed to our staff. Not only in terms of their professional development, but also their wellbeing in all aspects of their life. We know that for an organisation such as ours to flourish, its employees have to know they are supported; that who they are matters just as much as what they can do.
That is why we are proud to announce we have signed the Mindful Employer Charter.
What is the Mindful Employer Charter?
The Charter offers a set of principles and targets to work towards, which ensure that employers are aware of, and provide support with, any mental health issues experienced by staff. The key principles that we have signed up to stae that we will:
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to individual staff who experience mental ill health.
- Not make assumptions that a person with a mental health condition will be more vulnerable to workplace stress or take more time off than any other employee or job applicant.
- Show a positive and enabling attitude to all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition. This will include positive statements in local recruitment literature.
- Ensure all line managers have access to information and training about managing mental health in the workplace.
- Ensure that all staff involved in recruitment and selection are briefed on mental health conditions and The Equality Act 2010, and given appropriate interview skills.
- Make it clear in any recruitment or occupational health check that people who have experienced mental ill health will not be discriminated against and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
If you are an Avalon employee, or you would like to find out more about how you could be supported at work by Mindful Employer, you can visit the organisation's website by clicking HERE.