Support Worker, Harrogate
Start a fulfilling new career with skills you already have!
The Avalon Group is a well-established, award-winning charity providing flexible person-centred care, support and companionship for everyday life, housing, learning and employment. To do this we need people who are enthusiastic about using their existing skills to help others.
We are registered with local authorities and rated highly by the Care Quality Commission independent inspectors with an overall rating of ‘Good’ across all services following recent inspections.
Position: Support Worker
Number of Posts Available: 5
Hourly Rate: £8.31 per hour for customer contact time with enhancements of up to £8.41 per hour for weekend working and generous sleepover rates.
Contracted Hours Available: Various contracted hours available. Support times range from 8am to 7pm, working alternate weekends. There also may be the occassional sleepover shifts available.
Many of our customers in the Harrogate area are young adults with learning disabilities looking for support to live independently, develop their social skills and above all, enjoying some company.
The support our customers require on a daily basis consists of (but not limited to) the following:
- personal care (to include: washing, dressing, toileting and any other intimate care tasks)
- meal preparation
- general housework
- attend fitness classes and social events
- weekly food shopping
Our award winning in-house training team will ensure that you learn all the additional skills you need to deliver the role with confidence, so that no previous experience working in social care is necessary.
Being a car driver would also be highly desirable but is not essential.
As an Avalon employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to our award winning in-house training with opportunities to develop your career
- 24/7 Everyday Advice helpline, giving you impartial guidance regarding any personal matters or concerns you may have
- Supportive working environment
- Discounts at high street retailers, gym memberships and Health Cash Plan
- Paid travel expenses between consecutive sessions of support
- Paid Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Certificate (which you need to be able to work in social care).
If being a Support Worker is something you think you could do and would like to help make a difference in these peoples life’s please apply – we’d love to hear from you.
We strive to ensure equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexuality or religion.
Ready to apply?
Before completing an application, please download the Equal Opportunities form here. Then fill it in and upload it when you are submitting an online application.