Data we may collect from you
The Avalon Group may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information acquired/provided through our Website. This includes subscribing to our services, personalising with your preferences, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by any member of The Avalon Group, when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we will keep your email and email address in line with our retention policy (available upon request). We may also collect information that is available from your browser.
- We may ask you to complete optional surveys for research purposes.
- Details of your visits to the Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Details of your access to our online resources or other materials.
- Completing job applications or other information about yourself for specific purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we use your data
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- to update and enhance our records
- to compile information relating to your use of our products and services and make recommendations about goods and services and other areas that may interest you
to ensure the content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about Avalon Group goods and services which may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous or ongoing contract. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. All customers and stakeholders can opt-in/out of such notifications by following the instructions on the relevant forms set out on this Website (or elsewhere as applicable) or at any time after providing your information
- inviting you to participate in research studies and/or market research activities
- we may analyse your data to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information; to respond to queries from members of the public about your membership status
- At this time, we do not share any data for planning or research purposes for which the national data opt-out would apply. We review all of the confidential customer information we process on an annual basis to see if this is used for research and planning purposes. If it is, then individuals can decide to stop their information being shared for this purpose. You can find out more information at www.nhs.uk/your-nhs-data-matters/.
Disclosure of your data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent from you including:
- to our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will never sell your data to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
Where we store your data
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we wish to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and request your consent to these activities. If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of specific marketing communications sent from The Avalon Group, you may notify us via our Contact us form. Alternatively you may contact us on 01423 530053. It may take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect. Please note that this will not alter your current email subscription preferences.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the GDPR or have any other related queries, please email email@example.com, or call 01423 530053.
For any further queries or concerns relating to the protection of your data, you can request a copy of our Data Protection Policy, which is available on request by using either of the two contact options listed in the above paragraph.
Data captured is solely for the fulfilment of orders placed by the user. Any further communication through specific marketing contact can be unsubscribed via our dedicated opt out link here
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Persistent cookies – these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies – these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
The table below explains what cookies we use and why. This table was updated June 2018.
|lang||.twitter.com||Targeting/Advertising. It is used to store language preferences, to serve up content in the stored language|
|tfw_exp||Twitter set a series of cookies on any page that includes a Twitter feed. For more information please check: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514|
|_twitter_sess||This cookie is essential for Twitter to: Detect if the user is currently logged into Twitter, and if he already follows the page.|
|guest_id||This cookie is essential for Twitter to: Identify the user to twitter.|
|external_referer||This cookie is essential for Twitter to: Store the external referrer.|
|ct0||This cookie is set due to Twitter integration and sharing capabilities for the social media.|
|personalization_id||This cookie is set due to Twitter integration and sharing capabilities for the social media.|
|CMSSESSID||.avalongroup.org.uk||This cookie is set by our content management system on arrival to the Avalon Group website. It is not used by Avalon Group and is deleted when the user closes their browser.
This cookie is not removed when you turn cookies off via our cookie tool as doing so may cause the website to function incorrectly.
|__utma||This cookie keeps track of how many times a visitor accesses the site, when the first visit was and when the last visit took place. Google Analytics uses this cookie, for example, to calculate the days and numbers of visits after which a user completes an order, from first accessing the site.|
|These two cookies work together and are used to calculate how long a visit lasts. The _utmb cookie keeps track of the precise moment at which a user goes onto the site, while the _utmc cookie keeps track of the precise moment a user leaves the site.
|__utmt||Used to throttle request rate.|
|__utmz||This cookie keeps track of the user’s geographical location, which search engine he/she has used, which key word he/she searched for to access the site.|
|civicAllowCookies||Cookie Control cookies. These cookies are set in order to remember preferences in regards to cookies.|
|sitestyle||This cookie allows user to stay with the choice for large, medium or small font size when browsing to different pages within the website.|
|ci_session||This cookie associated with the CodeIgniter framework for building application forms. It is used to maintain a user state during a browser session for consistancy of user experience.|
|GPS||.youtube.com||Registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.|
|PREF||Registers a unique ID that is used by Google to keep statistics of how the visitor uses YouTube videos across different websites.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Tries to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos.|
|YSC||Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. The tool uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for The Avalon Group.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
Using web browser settings to manage cookies
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.