Who we are
Hello, and welcome to the Avalon Family. We’re an award-winning charity working across the north of England. Whether you’re a customer, a colleague or a commissioner, we’re really happy to have you here.
The people we support are our customers, and they’re at the centre of everything we do. Our customers are all adults. If you or your loved one live with conditions like:
- Physical disabilities
- Sensory or learning disabilities
- Mental health conditions
- Acquired brain injuries
Then we can support you. We’re here to help you live a fulfilling and independent life, where you can enjoy the same opportunities as everyone else around you, each and every day.
How can we help?
We help our customers through our three core services, supported living, community support and Shared Lives. So, what does that mean we do?
It means we can:
- Help you in your own home with things like cooking, cleaning, medication and activity planning
- Find the perfect specialist home for you that can help you live a more comfortable and independent life
- Help you out in your community, joining in activities, going to the shops, visiting the sites and going for walks
- Support you to manage your finances, teach you how to catch the bus or the train, and help you live a more independent life
- Support you to live with a family in their home for short periods, full time or as a break from your regular carers through our Shared Lives scheme
- Be there for you in lots of ways, like helping you get home from hospital, taking you on accessible holidays and day trips, and supporting you to get a flexible job
There’s so many ways we can help you, if there’s something you need that’s not listed above, just give us a call.
We’re proud of our services
We’re registered with local authorities and we’re rated highly by the CQC. That means we get inspected regularly to make sure we’re doing a good job. When you’re a customer with Avalon, you’re the most important person to us, so make sure you let us know how we’re doing.
We are registered with local authorities and rated highly by the Care Quality Commission independent inspectors.
The Avalon Group is a registered independent charity. It was registered on 7 October 1994 and granted charitable status on 26 July 1995