As an employee of The Avalon Group you are entitled to benefits which range from rewards to help you in your everyday life, to tools that will help you develop your entire career journey and plan your future in Social Care.
Your happiness and fulfilment at work are our priorities. We take care of our staff and carers, and this is reflected in our commitment to your development from day one of your employment with us. To support this principle, we have signed the Mindful Employer charter, which you can find out more about by clicking HERE.
It all starts with a 6 day paid induction (for employed staff), at which you will learn not only the basics about your role, but also about our culture here at The Avalon Group; how we support each other to do amazing things, and maintain a consistent dialogue which is open and honest, so that if you have any issues or concerns, they can be addressed in a timely and comprehensive way.
You will meet with our senior leadership team and our customers, who will pass on their advice and help you to get off to the best start possible.
From there we will work with you to create a personalised career journey. We want you to tell us where you want to go, and how you want to get there. Using this information we can create a learning plan to help you build on existing skills and knowledge, and this will be supported by our award winning in-house Learning and Development team.
You will also receive regular, ongoing review meetings with colleagues and your line manager to discuss current work, future plans and any other topics you wish to discuss.
Rewards and recognition
Our staff and carers are the most passionate, enthusiastic people you could hope to meet, with a genuine commitment for enhancing and enriching the lives of our customers. We reward this commitment with the following additional employee benefits:
- Wider Wallet Plan – Our exclusive employee benefits scheme gives you access to discounts at high street retailers, leisure companies and even for holidays. You will be given your own account at www.avalongroup.widerwallet.com where you will receive exclusive deals with companies such as Boots, M&S, Tussauds, British Airways, John Lewis, Asda and many many more.
- Wider Wellbeing – As part of the Wider Wallet scheme, you also get access to the Wider Wellbeing portal, which provides advice and guidance on fitness and nutrition, and even helps you achieve your health and fitness goals with free resources and planners.
- Everyday Advice Line – Our 24/7 employee helpline is there to assist you with any concerns. The helpline is staffed by trained, impartial advisors who can support you with a wide range of issues such as finances, health, bereavement, counselling, legal matters and more.
- Paid DBS Check – To work in social care you are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. To help keep this process as straightforward for you as possible we pay this cost and help you provide all the necessary information.
- No uniform requirement – We want you to be yourself, and so we don’t ask you to wear a uniform when supporting our customers. This helps you feel more comfortable and confident, and inspires the building of great relationships between employees and customers.
- Appreciation Awards – Each month we ask staff and carers to nominate their colleagues who have gone over and above to provide the best quality support. We reward these nominees with a certificate and gift card to say thank you for a job well done.
- The Avalon Awards – We also have our own annual awards ceremony which takes place at our annual conference. This is a highlight of the Avalon calendar and sees the very best achievements recognised in front of the whole organisation.
No experience necessary
That’s right! To work at The Avalon Group you don’t need to have worked in a previous care setting, you just need to be a caring person who is passionate about helping others to achieve their goals.
So why not check out our current vacancies page and apply today? Your fulfilling new career is waiting.