The important points:
- The national guidance on safe visiting is constantly changing
- Avalon must respond to the changes by reviewing its visiting policy regularly
- Avalon will continue to support visiting with its customers
- All visits will be risk assessed in line with the national guidance before going ahead
- This page was last updated: 20/11/2020
We’re now in our second national lockdown. And as cases of COVID-19 continue to be transmitted throughout the community at high rates, Avalon has the responsibility to make sure it complies with national guidance while doing the best thing for our customers. In some cases, that means we need to recommend limiting face-to-face visits with our customers.
Time with loved ones in person is hugely important to our wellbeing. We know to stop visiting completely would cause distress for many of our customers. That’s why we’re approaching all visiting on a case-by-case basis, where a full risk assessment will take place before the visit can go ahead.
This means that Avalon is not stopping visiting at this time. Instead, we’re following local and national guidelines to continue visiting where it’s in the best interest of our customers. This advice will continue to be updated as the local and national pandemic situation continues to develop. We’ll constantly review our policies around visiting. Check back here for the latest information.
To keep everyone safe at this time, our customers and their families can expect the following:
- This webpage will be updated when changes to guidance are published
- Customer visits will be subject to risk assessments
- Risk assessments will include; reviewing accommodation, the ability of the individual customer to follow safe guidelines (including wearing masks and keeping safe distances where necessary)
- Avalon will provide customers and their visitors with a pre-visit form to be completed ahead of the visit that will capture everyone’s understanding of the latest guidance and required safety measures to make sure the visit is safe
- All risk assessments and pre-visit forms will be reviewed by the locality manager before the visit takes place
Avalon is dedicated to ensuring the health and wellbeing of our customers, their families and our staff. If you're an Avalon customer and you're concerned about the impact of Coronavirus on your support, or you'd like to know what you need to do to safely visit your loved one, you can contact your local office teams by telephone or email as listed below:
Tel: 01302 739178
Tel: 01423 530053
Tel: 01609 783883
Tel: 01723 356540
Tel: 01756 793129
Tel: 01642 633556
Tel: 01924 439913
Tel: 01904 693104
For advice on how to look after yourself, and reduce the risk of spreading the virus, please read the latest guidance from the NHS by clicking HERE.