Support Worker, Scarborough
Avalon is still recruiting and we need you to join us!
We are fast-tracking job applications for Support Workers, using video calling to carry out interviews in line with social distancing guidelines, and providing online training resources with the aim that you will be ready to start work within 14 days.
Here at The Avalon Group, we can only offer our high standards of care because of our committed, caring staff. But across our organisation we need more people like you to join us. We are therefore proud to support the national adult social care recruitment campaign “When you care, everyday makes a difference” – because it really does!
We are proud to pay above the National Minimum Wage with a rate of £8.80 per hour for customer contact time with enhancements of up to £10.15 per hour for waking night weekend working and generous sleepover rates.
This is a responsible yet hugely satisfying role. We are looking for compassionate and reliable people from all walks of life who will be able to uphold our values as they provide excellent support to our customers. No experience is needed as we will give you all the training and support you need, including opportunities to gain recognised qualifications in health and social care.
The role of a Support Worker is not a 9-5 job, however we appreciate that you have responsibilities and commitments, and we work with our staff to ensure rotas reflect individual needs wherever possible.
In addition, as an Avalon employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Award winning in-house training with opportunities to develop your career
- 24/7 Everyday Advice helpline, giving you impartial guidance regarding any personal matters or concerns you may have
- On Call support 24 hours a day
- Discounts at high street retailers and on gym memberships
- Access to our Health Cash Plan
- Paid travel expenses between consecutive sessions of support
- £150 bonus for recommending a friend to become a support worker
- Paid Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Certificate (which you need to be able to work in social care).
Interested? Then get in touch now by calling 01723 356540 for an informal discussion.
Ready to apply? Please click the link below to complete our application form.
We strive to ensure equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexuality or religion.
Ready to apply?
Before completing an application, please download the Equal Opportunities form here. Then fill it in and upload it when you are submitting an online application.